Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sundays

Growing up, Sundays were a day to stop crafting, to focus on other aspects of life and think a lot more. In my adult life I must admit I've become more lax on that rule, not for any good reason, just because I wanted to keep sewing and Sundays seemed to be a great, wide open day for many hours of fun and creativity. Lately, though... well, I maybe can see some wisdom from my mother. I need to be a more well rounded person, I need some time off to explore other things.

Which isn't to say I can't TALK about crafting. I've got some projects nearing completion so stay tuned! So exciting.

I shall leave you with a quote regarding craftsmanship. Make you think on this Sunday (or whatever day you read it)

"Let a human being throw the energies of his soul into the making of something, and the instinct of workmanship will take care of his honesty." - Walter Lippmann (a mid-century Pulitzer Prize winning journalist)

No comments:

Post a Comment